the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Motherhood

I want a kid. But there are several reasons why I can't responsibly decide to have one:
  • I'm not yet financially stable enough to care for a baby. For one, I'm still living with family
  • I'm not in a stable or even remotely healthy long term relationship.
  • I am known to exhibit murderous tendencies when rudely awoken at 3am
  • Kids are universally known as Style Crampers. I'm in no way, shape or form prepared to surrender my independence, club hopping, party going, swearing, or weed smoking days.

On the plus side I'm a sweet and loving person 10% of the time.

Look. I said want a kid. You know, like how a kid wants a dog but won't feed it, take it to the vet or clean out the dog poop. I want a kid just for the good times: while he's cute smelling fresh and all smiles. So someone gimme a kid. I promise to love him some of the time.

Let me know if you want to be my sperm donor.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes i feel the same way! I would really love to have children too. I can just picture me and my husband in a family portrait surrounded with lots and lots of kids, but I know I could never handle the stress.

I hope you eventually settle down and create your own perfect little family.

5/07/2005 3:37 PM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Do you have nieces or nephews? Spend a day with them and you'll mostly change your mind. hehe

5/11/2005 1:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home