the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Life in the mad house

My Auntie dearest must have been suffering from temporary insanity when in a moment of weakness she agreed (!?!?!) to have every single cousin, second cousin, and cousin's friend we know (or don't know) come spend a week or two with us.

This means I’m now sardined with 11 kids between the ages of 10 months and 14 years in a tiny three-bedroom apartment (four really, but one is used as a storeroom). There is always someone in the fridge and grocery shopping is a joke coz these kids throw down (eat) like there's no tomorrow. 8 baguettes, 6 litres of milk, 20 eggs. Every. Goddamned. Day.
And that’s just breakfast.

The crying, the biting, the fighting, the screeching - my ears have threatened to find a new body. So I get home from work, change into something more comfortable and just go loiter at a friend's till I know the little boogers are snoring in their beds. Yesterday, I came back after 11 and 10 of them were still awake, still running about and still fucking screeching.

The worst part about my home experience, the thing that makes me want to find a nice spot to bang my head repeatedly - is masturbating. I sleep on the bottom bunk in the smallest room. The top bunk, which is usually empty, is now occupied by 3 little hoodlums. That bunk creaks like crazy. And it doesn’t help that the 3 kids on the top bunk move about like they're wrestling with a giant croc. It’s the older kids that are up there. I think they'll know orgasmic sounds when they hear it. So there I was, trying to take care of ma bizniz, with kids whispering and giggling on top of me and a squeaking bunk.

They eventually fell asleep, I found a position that almost stopped the squeaking, my fingers found their way down there and....ahhh, life was as it should be.

They'd better go away come weekend otherwise the cops would have to come scour the area in search of kid-sized body parts.

Sex! I need more sex!!
But I'll settle for quiet alone time with myself and maybe a toy or two.
Bottom line - I think I need to move out.
Right fucking now.

10 Comments:

Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Exactly why other people's kids are the best birth control.

As for the sex part, remember your mantra:

blonde thing or two...
blonde thing or two...
blonde thing or two...

6/08/2005 12:41 PM

 
Blogger Lyn said...

lol!
its keeping me going.

6/08/2005 12:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

playing/sleeping in the car is always an option...

Or perhaps a sleepover at Dibs' place is warranted?

Kisses - Carrie

6/08/2005 1:17 PM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

*lol* Carrie is on to something. It's the perfect excuse to...have sex...um, sleep at her place. It would be like a pajama party without, you know, the pajamas.

6/08/2005 4:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure to "accidently" leave your pajamas at home. Oops!

Then make sure you "sleepwalk" naked to her bed and climb in with her. Oops!

The rest is left to your imagination...

Kisses - Carrie

6/08/2005 6:18 PM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

LMAO! If your kiss isn't reciprocated you can claim you were "dreaming." Having already tasted the nectar from your lips I'm sure she would not resist a kiss or anything else.

6/08/2005 8:25 PM

 
Blogger Lyn said...

ladies, ladies, settle down. Your imaginations are running amok. The nectar from my lips?? LOL!!

blonde thing or two...
blonde thing or two...
blonde thing or two...

6/09/2005 7:04 AM

 
Blogger kyknoord said...

You crack me up. I'm sorry, but inflicting your kids on other people is just cruel. What's needed are kennels that cater for kids instead of pets.

6/09/2005 10:27 AM

 
Blogger Lyn said...

hear hear.

6/09/2005 11:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No posts since Wednesday? For shame...

Kisses - Carrie

6/13/2005 2:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home