the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Monday, January 23, 2006

The dawn of a new era

Nah. Nothing that dramatic.
Same ol' me will be doing the same ol' shit.
Unless Monday is considered a 'new era'.
Nevertheless, there will be one or two improvements around here.

For one:

Drumroll please, coz:


TODAY IS THE DAY I QUIT SMOKING.

Yup. Rip off the gas mask and take huge whiff of me as you hum to Kool & the Gang's "she's fresh she's so fresh..."

My fingers WILL twitch, I WILL develop a nervous jerk in withdrawal, but I WILL resist.


To the 'quit somking' industry: if you think you're getting a penny off me with your pills, patches, sprays, gums etc, etc...you can pucker up coz you'll be meeting my ass. There's only 1 drug i need, and thats Determination.

The reason I'm really driven to quit is i can see how its affecting my health. I used to be so active. I was an athlete. Ok i was 10 and won the potato sack race, but still, I was an athlete dammit. And now i can't even bend over to pick up something i dropped without feeling out of breath and hurting like i dislocated my pelvis.

So I'll rejoin the gym tonight.
And throw out the rest of the ice-cream.

I guess this IS a new era afterall.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done... hope that u stick to ur plan, n quit for good..

1/23/2006 10:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope u stick it out mean will man a hell lot! n well done...hmmm a smoke free u! that a new era indeed!

1/23/2006 10:10 AM

 
Blogger Lyn said...

yeah, I'll stick it out. Right now i feel terrible, but i guess its the price you pay...

1/23/2006 10:44 AM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

LOL! Good luck! One day at a time.

I'm trying to quit chewing gum. I go through a bazillion packs a day. For the past half hour I've been tearing the apt. apart in search of a stick. It's so pathetic.

1/24/2006 5:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home