the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Please leave a message after the beep

I'm leaving tonight on a 5 day business trip to Uganda.
This will be is a quickie (mmmmmmmm quickie. Havent had one of those in yonks.) coz my flight leaves in like 3 hours and i still have shit to do before I leave and still need to pack as well and blogging was not supposed to be part of the 'shit to do'.
Hope the trip is cool, coz to tell you the truth I'm getting sick & tired of hotels. Well not really, coz i'd rather go than not go. Lesser of two evils, you know? No? Yeah well i don't know what i'm talking about either.
Plus its for a bi-annual meeting with the superboss (my boss' leash yanker) so i'm not looking forward to it because I would need to account for some suspect underpressure decisions I made during the past week (which by the way was the most horrible and pressure-filled week of my relatively short career) and if i did indeed succumb to a gross miscalculation that would mean i just lost my company a wee bundle to the order of about 5 mil. And i don't mean Yens or New Guinea dollars.

Anwayz i will try not to think the worst and hope I will come out of this smelling like roses and perhaps even get presented with a badge of honour for my brilliant decision making in a time of great personal strife. Oh wait, thats the army. Well a nice pack of paper clips and a shiny new stapler will have to do then.

Must run. See ya'll on the flip side.

Beeeeeeeep

3 Comments:

Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Jeezie creezie, 5 million???!!!!! Wow! Good luck with that one. Hope your decisions were the right ones.

Oh, and have fun. Get out of the hotel and go find some nice, hot chicks to grace with your company.

1/30/2006 1:51 PM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

I forgot to chastise you for picking the wrong time to go on a trip. Hot Chicks is back! :)

1/31/2006 12:48 AM

 
Blogger kyknoord said...

Have fun. Uganda is one of my favourite destinations, although the traffic in Kampala can be a bit of trial at times.

2/01/2006 9:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home