the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Still here. Still queer.

I spent the weekend with my mom who lives about an hour's drive away from me. Apparently some woman recently came to see her to negotiate the terms of my betrothal to her son. Yip, I also thought shit like that faded with the dinosaurs. Thankfully mom was simply bemused by the whole affair, especially since I’ve never seen the guy and the woman doesn’t know me from Adam. Good thing my dad is not around coz he’d have taken the whole thing way too seriously.

I would never consider coming out to my mom, much less my dad. They just wouldn’t understand. Hell, I barely understand it myself.

I have nightmares of the two families gathered in the living room, debating my worth in cows and goats as we (the hubby-to-be and I) sit meekly in the corner and watch as the drama unfolds.

Needless to say, my long overdue nervous breakdown looms ever closer. And when I crack, the proverbial shit is bound to hit the fan.

2 Comments:

Blogger SassyFemme said...

OMG, I didn't think that thing really happened anymore!

1/19/2006 2:34 AM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

LOL! Wouldn't it be funny if they agreed to 40 acres and a mule?!

1/22/2006 2:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home