the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Unfortunately, the answer is no

Dibs.
Interesting character that one.

As it turns out, she knows i have the hots for her and goes to great lengths to let me know that she knows:
the way she licks off the wine rolling down the side of her glass
the way she holds my gaze till i look away
the way she touches my thigh ever so gently when she's talking
the way she giggles and says "oh stop it" when i say something silly

god, what a tease.
or perhaps its just that my senses are so heightened when i'm with her

i think she is gay-curious.
and i was happy to indulge her
so...
i walked her home
we parked in front of the tv in the dark to sober up
then i kissed her.
the kind of kiss apparently made famous by the French.
unless it was only a very nice dream, i believe she kissed me back

still, somehow i ended up in my own bed.
alone.
I knew I should have shoved more of the Bailey's/white wine/that_weird_green_stuff down her throat.

so, i have nothing left to do but resort to cheesy cliches:
i may have lost the battle, but not the war.
even though it was only one little step for me, it was one giant step for my kind.

one of these days I'll get her
just for messing with my mind.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if she kissed you back I would call that definite progress. Don't lose that momentum! Make sure you go out with her again very, very soon!

Kisses - Carrie

6/02/2005 3:12 PM

 
Blogger Bored Housewife said...

Lucky girl...

(even if she is a tease)

6/02/2005 9:19 PM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

She sounds interested. Hey, you got to first base. With each "date" you should advance a base until you get to home plate. hehe

You're getting more action than I am, not that I'm looking for any.

6/03/2005 2:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey how did you get this kewl Haloscanesque comment thingy? My blogger blog still has the old one...

Kisses - Carrie

6/03/2005 2:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nevermind... I figured it out!

Kisses - Carrie

6/03/2005 3:11 PM

 
Blogger Lyn said...

Carrie, I'll see her again this weekend. Who knows..... possiblities....

BF, when was the last time u got sum huh? 'fess up.

Lisa, no, not lucky enough.

6/03/2005 5:42 PM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Lyn, the last time was exactly 13 months, 1 week and 1 day ago.

Although I've had a couple of opportunities in the past year, as recently as last night, but I fucked up. Sucks to be me, eh?

6/06/2005 1:58 PM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Actually, not last night, Saturday.

6/06/2005 1:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home