the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Checking in

You may (or not) have noticed I've been kinda scarce lately.
That's because I've been out of my office the whole bloody week.

I spent it traipsing across the country, doing meetings and stuff and feeling grossly inadequate. I wouldn't even know where to start recapping, or how to accurately describe the weirdness that was last week. So lets just say it involved strange little village towns, a flooded sub-standard motel room and picking up what was left of my ego and self esteem after tripping over some cables during a presentation.

How on earth did I get this job? No seriously. I guess the real question is: How the fuck do I keep it???? In between shuffling my feet and picking my nose with this blank stare on my face that says "What? who, me? you were talking to me??" its a miracle i still come in day after day. I guess i must be doing something right. Or maybe i just know lots of people in high places.

Two years ago I would've rolled around pissing myself laughing at the idea of being remotely involved in Sales in any capacity whatsoever, let alone a manager. On my best day I couldn't sell water for 10 cents to rich tourists stranded in the Sahara. At what I get paid I'm supposed to be at the cutting edge of my trade. HA! Right...

Anyhow, it'll be another week before i post anything since I'm off to Sweden tomorrow. I could never pass up on yet another opportunity to suck at my job. Oh, and don't forget about the babes!...all the gorgeous hottylicious Swedish babes!

Got loads of shit to do before I leave so i gotta get cracking...

Ta ta for now.
That’s something my MSc supervisor used to say.
God, the dude is soooo gay. He just doesn’t know it yet.

Till next week Fri…

4 Comments:

Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Remember to make room for after hours play time in Sweden. ;)

6/16/2005 1:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't let your job be the only thing you suck on in Sweden! hehehe

And your supervisor is totally gay.

Kisses - Carrie

6/17/2005 2:56 PM

 
Blogger -Ann said...

You know how sometimes your brain plays tricks on you when you're reading? I read "I've been out of my office the whole bloody week" as "I've been out of my BODY the whole week." Now THAT would be an interesting recap post.

6/24/2005 6:32 PM

 
Blogger Dee said...

just stumbled on your blog. still laughing out loud.

6/29/2005 5:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home