the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Consumerism

Today's title.
Is that even a real word?
Spell Checker doesn't think so.
but what does Spell Checker know anyway
dammit IS a word, dammit!

Anywayz...i was going somewhere with this.
Im pretty sure I had a point when i started out this post.
A clear objective.
Nah, who am i kidding.
I didnt. Do i ever.
I feel like Ellen the Forgetful Fish in Finding Nemo...what was her name again?
You know the part....in the beginning, when she's showing Nemo's dad which way he went when she starts running away coz she thinks he's stalking her....

Consumerism...
Where was i headed with this?

Clearly I'm too lazy to actually write anything that makes sense today so.... I swiped this off these guys. (Please, please don't sue me!!! )

Some 'interesting' yet REAL consumer labels:
Does that have anything to do with consumerism? Do I even care?

On a Sears hairdryer: Do not use while sleeping.
On a bag of Fritos: You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside. (The shoplifter special.)
On a bar of Dial soap: Directions: Use like regular soap.
On a Swann frozen dinners: Serving suggestion: Defrost. (But it's just a suggestion.)
On Tesco's tiramisu dessert (printed on the bottom of box): Do not turn upside-down.
On Marks & Spencer bread pudding: Product will be hot after heating.
On packaging for a Rowenta iron: Do not iron clothes on body.
On Boot's children's cough medicine: "Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication."
On Nytol sleep aid: Warning: May cause drowsiness.
On most brands of Christmas lights: "For indoor or outdoor use only." (As opposed to what?)
On a Japanese food processor: Not to be used for the other use. (I gotta admit, I'm curious.)
On Sainsbury's peanuts: "Warning: contains nuts."
On an American Airlines packet of peanuts: "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts."

Thank god for warning labels. Where would we be without 'em?




***************
BTW, I'm goin out with a certain Debbie aka Dibs1 2nite.
She's seeing someone.
a guy.
who cares
I'm frisky and I'm on the prowl.
Grrrrrrr

She WILL put out.

1. We call her Dibs coz everyone has dibs on her.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dibs! What a great nickname! I'm totally going to have to steal it now...

And dammit is totally a word. And I should know - I use it like every other sentence.

I'm curious about that "other use" for a food processor as well...

Kisses - Carrie

6/01/2005 7:44 PM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

1) Consumerism and dammit, are real words dammit.

2) Ditto Carrie's comment about Dibs. Good luck. hehe

3) How's that attitude adjustment coming along?

6/01/2005 11:50 PM

 
Blogger Lyn said...

Carrie, Welcome Back. Life was so dreary without you. No, I meant it.

Bent, so far so good. I'm going out more, actually doing some work at work, letting things slide...not a GREAT week as I'd hoped, but certainly not a bad one.

6/02/2005 7:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Lyn.

I think the real question here is: Did Dibs give you some? Inquiring minds want to know!

Kisses - Carrie

6/02/2005 10:58 AM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

You'll have to fill us in on Dibs when you get the change. Basically I wanna know if she did indeed put out. hehe

6/02/2005 1:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home