the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Music is the food of love

I cant believe i just typed out that title. Oouch. It makes me wince. Who says shit like that in this day age. Well, me, apparently. Wait...or was it 'the spice of life'?

Anyway, had a point so I'll get to it.

Music is so beautiful. I’m incredibly inspired right now and I don’t inspire easily. It gives you goosebumps, it makes you want to scream, it makes you want to laugh and it can make you dissolve into a pool of tears. It sounds better than the taste of chocolate ice cream, than the feel of satin sheets against your naked skin, than the smell of spring. What can I say; it’s just fucking beautiful. If love feels like how this song sounds right now I can understand why people lose their minds and get their brain washed, tumbled dried and handed back to them by the love of their lives.

I’ve been listening to a couple U2 and Cranberries songs through my new headphones and paying special attention to the harmonies. I can’t sing for shit, so I’m awestruck when melodies just come together and make me lose control of the tiny hairs on the back of my neck.

But I’ll have you know I’m not completely without talent. I can play Happy Birthday with one finger on a toy keyboard and almost sing it too, if I dare say so myself.

I also happen to be an extremely fickle person. Tomorrow I’ll read this post and wonder what the fuck I’ve been smoking because these songs might suddenly seem like quintessential acoustic mediocrity. Or even worse, like long fingernails against a chalkboard. I s'pose its different strokes for different folks. Or in my case, different smokes.

The songs I’ve currently got on repeat:

U2 – Walk On
Cranberries – Empty
U2 – In a little while
Linkin Park - Breaking the habit

Its rather diverse, but if you hate them - get yourself checked out. Freak.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bent Fabric said...

I like those songs, too.

Btw, it would appear you're having some blogger issues also. Unless my browser is seriously jacked up.

6/28/2005 4:31 PM

 
Blogger Lyn said...

I like your new template.

I can tell this minimalistic look of mine isnt going to fly.

6/29/2005 7:06 AM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Well, if yours won't fly neither will mine. hehe

6/29/2005 11:32 AM

 
Blogger Lyn said...

No, not this one. I meant the one i had before with the humongous font. But this current one (the one we now share) is a keeper.

6/29/2005 12:11 PM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

I agree. :)

6/29/2005 5:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home