the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

100 Things

  1. I'm 26
  2. I think I'm weird
  3. Those who know me tend to agree
  4. I’m a dare devil
  5. You name it; I’ve done it or would do it
  6. I still keep a diary
  7. Even though its hardly ever updated
  8. I’ve thought of ending my life
  9. But I could never go through with it
  10. It would shatter my dad
  11. That is probably my only selfless thought
  12. I love sex with women
  13. Although I have never been in love with anyone
  14. I’ve only ever been in one relationship
  15. With a guy
  16. We hardly ever saw each other
  17. I lost my virginity at 19
  18. To him
  19. Hated it
  20. So I abstained for another 2.5 years
  21. I’m a couch potato
  22. I’m pathologically unable to keep in touch
  23. But I still insist on getting pen pals
  24. They only last about 3 weeks
  25. 24 Hour Party is the worst (docu-)movie ever
  26. It just edges out Muholland Drive on suck-points
  27. I used to read a lot of novels
  28. And live in chat rooms
  29. Till I got a real job
  30. I’ve always been the best in all my math classes
  31. I have a Masters degree in Computer Science
  32. I’ll swap it for your MBA
  33. I’m Cameroonian
  34. I grew up in Europe and South Africa
  35. My accent sounds 55% South African, 15% American, 15% Cameroonian and 15% MyVeryOwnEuropeanCocktail
  36. Backpacking is overrated
  37. When you are alone and on a shoestring budget
  38. I know several card tricks
  39. Little kids love it. Big kids (adults) do too
  40. I think cats are oversized rodents
  41. I’m a dog person. Can you tell?
  42. But its too much of a hassle to keep one
  43. I’m battling with bulimia
  44. Its sort of under control
  45. I cant express myself as well as I would like to
  46. It frustrates me to no end
  47. I will hash out an argument mentally
  48. Long after the argument is over
  49. I wish I was taller
  50. A lot taller
  51. I rarely swear when I talk
  52. But I cant help myself when I diarize
  53. I wish racists would just roll over and die
  54. Along with all their victims walking around with a huge chip on their shoulder
  55. I hate bananas
  56. But not as much as I hate mayo
  57. Long story
  58. I can live off cornflakes
  59. I have (and earned) a drivers license
  60. But lack of practice means I still can’t drive
  61. I’m a smoker
  62. Make that chain smoker
  63. I still keep it a secret from my Daddy
  64. I love the idea of having twins
  65. Just the idea
  66. I’m a loner
  67. Probably because I’m self-absorbed
  68. Its my way or go away
  69. I hate religion
  70. I feel like I’m the only secular humanist this side of the Sahara
  71. I have a tongue piercing
  72. But no tattoos
  73. Way too permanent
  74. I hate family gatherings
  75. If I wasn’t so grounded (confined?) by family I’d be a Goth/ piercing billboard
  76. Sometimes I feel like I'm trapped inside my body/circumstances/enviroment and I'm screaming to come out.
  77. Linkin Park is my favourite band
  78. I’m a bit of a tomboy
  79. I have no problem doing risky thinks (bungee, ski-diving)
  80. We all die eventually anyway.
  81. Nothing wrong with dying now.
  82. I love to sing
  83. But all I do is croak
  84. At least I KNOW that I can't sing
  85. Cant say the same for some of the pop idol wanabes
  86. I have no sympathy for victims of domestic abuse
  87. They chose to stay there
  88. I feel very strongly about a lot of things
  89. I’m very passionate when I talk about those things
  90. Politics is not one of them
  91. I love blockbuster movies and epics
  92. Ellen Degeneres rocks my world
  93. Because she’s funny and hot.
  94. I think way too much and analyse everything
  95. Like why yawning is contagious
  96. Or why women suck at golf
  97. I’m really bad at names and faces
  98. I lose my train of thought a lot
  99. In mid sentence
  100. Blame the weed
  101. Above the 100 mark.
  102. So sue me.
  103. I love English soccer
  104. Probably more than the average male Brit
  105. ManU forever!! (Chelsea, you're going down bitch!)
  106. I wish I was born into an indigenous forest dwelling tribe
  107. No school, no mortgage(s), no free-thinking thoughts, no Big Brother crappy judicial system, no 9-5 daily mind-fucking grind, no concrete jungle, no middle/lower/upper class complexes
  108. And No blog to waste my life away on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading every word of it. :)

Go ManU! I used to love ManU back in the day, before I emigrated from Jamaica. Liverpool was one of my faves, too.

5/24/2005 7:17 PM

 
Blogger kyknoord said...

That's the best '100 list' I've read all year.

5/25/2005 5:19 AM

 
Blogger Helen said...

HI Lyn!
I guess you put me on probation because of the font thing? You are the only one who has commented on it and most view it fine, to the best of my knowledge. I use firefox so it must be a browser fluke. Sorry!
Peace...............
Can you view this one any better? It is my 2nd blog.
http://boxrain.blogspot.com

5/25/2005 10:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home