the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Monday, May 23, 2005

2 quick things

This is going to be quickie because I have tons of work to do and my New Week's resolution is to actually do something resembling work at work. If I lose my job my poor little bloggy will suffer and whither away like a rose budding in hell.

Two things of note happened during this past long weekend (Friday was a hol) - Leaving out the usual partying and getting stoned part coz that's a regular weekend if you know anything about me:

Saw this cute little movie called Pieces of April. It was a bit of a low budget looking flick which I thought was totally appropriate considering its 'poor neighbourhood' settings. Nothing stood out as brilliant apart from the familiar cast of Katie Holmes, the cute black kid from Finding Forrester and the big head guy from Men in Black or was it Independence Day? Anyhow, I thought it was rather nice little movie. Time well spent.

Second thing is, I took my 19 year old kid bro and his 2 best mates out for dinner at a posh restaurant. The service we got was crap considering the amount of money I was dishing out, but we still had such a blast. What really made it a great evening was the part after dinner when I was just lying back in my chair digesting and sucking on my ciggie like my life depended on it, when my bro - Victor - just stared at me and said " Wow. I love it that you are my sister. I love everything about you".

Can you spell BEAMING?

Fine, it was a cuter story in my head but I don't get to hang out with him a lot and its great to be appreciated by someone, even if its a relative.

K. Nuff said.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My lust for Katie Holmes has slackened somewhat since she has been running around as Tom Cruise's beard for a couple of weeks now.

Tom: Here's a clue - "date" women shorter than you for once. Yes I know they are hard to find, but seriously - you look ridiculous standing next to Katie. She's a good 6 inches taller than you are. Yes I know Nicole was even taller, but she's a Goddess so we expect that.

Kisses - Carrie

5/23/2005 12:53 PM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Aww..that's sweet. I'd be beaming, too.

A month after Nicole's breakup from Tom she was asked by Leno how she feels about the breakup. Her response: "I can wear heels again." Ouch! Can you say BURN!

5/23/2005 1:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home