the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

In the closet

Gosh. Yesterday i finally realised how in the closet i was and if i didnt do anything about it (like leave town, or the country, or the planet...) I'd be miserable for the rest of my life. I was having lunch old with friends (ok, not quite friends, more like really good aquaintances) from my Christian boarding high school. I was looked at with shock and disgust like i was some kind of a unredeemable sinner simbly because I didnt bow my head in prayer before diving into my plate of spaghetti.

Fine. I can live with that. I can stay away from people with tiny brains and a limited scope of the world and its people. But then, we started talking about homosexuality. I thought i'd seen disgust before? These girls were like they wouldnt even want to be on the same side of the street as a gay guy or girl. Not only is it against God's Will but totally unatural and despicable and you might as well fuck a duck or bang a gang while you're at it (ok they didnt actually say ALL of that, but yeah) .

Simple solution to a simple problem you might think: Come out of the closet - about both lack of faith and ambiguous sexuality. Nah. You dont live in Cameroon. Those fucking demented bigot freaks could get you thrown in jail for being gay.

Howz that International Space Station coming along? That just might save my sanity, if not my life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my experience so-called "Christians" are the most judgemental hypocritical bigots on the face of the earth.

I'm sure Jesus himself would be appalled by their actions. If my memory serves, ol' JC used to seek out the "sinners" and talk to them compassionately instead of simply acting all holier-than-thou.

Kisses - Carrie

4/28/2005 7:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home