the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Yanked out of the closet

I've exposed my dirty laundry before. Online, in virtual obscurity, is one thing, but I can’t think of any friends who know more than 2 of my confessions and definitely no family. Over the last 4 months, living with my aunt has made us bosom buddies – the one person I can talk to about anything. Well, almost anything. She makes me want to spill my guts and reveal all the skeletons and putrefying corpses I’m hiding in my closet. I suppose this can be attributed to the fact that in our frequent midnight chitchats she has discovered many of my eccentricities and has already concluded I'm a regular freakazoid, the unfortunate offspring of a Martian family scarred by generations of inbreeding.

Last night we were discussing why I have such a negative attitude towards marriage. So I thought, well, at this juncture nothing I said would make her lift an eyebrow in the slightest bit of surprise or concern. After much ado, multiple delay tactics, furious blushing and dramatizing to soapyficular proportions, I decided to reveal that - ta da dum da dum - I dig chicks. And by that I don’t mean the young edible variety. Wait, double entendre - when I think about it now that’s exactly what I mean. As I anticipated and to my relief, there was no rolling around on the floor in distress, no calling the extended family for an intense prayer session involving the local exorcist, but instead a mere "uh huh". *Pause*. *Shrug*. "Don't worry, I already knew".
"What!?! You knew? How? When? What?!?!?!?!?. Who else knows?" was my reaction. I was pretty confident she would not go stark raving psychotic on my ass but I was still a little stunned that she had me so figured out.

Perhaps it’s because she knows me extremely well. Perhaps I'm one those obvious dykes - you know, a walking, talking compilation of lesbo clichés.
But one thing's for sure though:
It’s great to have it out.
It’s great to be out.
Even if only to one person.

*****************

Random Unrelated Question:
Does anyone else have something happen as you go about your daily life and immediately start thinking of blogging about it?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hai! Thanks for comng to my site! this is c00l! bye!

7/14/2005 1:50 PM

 
Blogger Lyn said...

Me? Are you sure?
In any case, you're welcome!
Bye! Have a nice day!
My virtual ears are throbbing from all the shouting! And then there's my hoarse virtual voice!

7/14/2005 2:22 PM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

That is awesome. Now you have you have someone with whom to discuss your love of edible chicks.

To answer your question, yes. But by the time I get to a computer I forget what is was I wanted to blog about. Or I realize it does not sound as good as it sounded in my head.

7/14/2005 8:28 PM

 
Blogger kyknoord said...

"I suspected, but now you've confirmed it", would probably have been closer to the truth. Still, as BF says, it's cool that you now have a real sounding-board.

Random answer: Hardly ever. The things I blog about usually curdle at the top of my mind after a day or so of bubbling within.

7/15/2005 5:11 AM

 
Blogger Lyn said...

Yip. Now she'll have to go buy earplugs to protect herself when we are alone.

7/15/2005 7:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunties can have gaydar too you know...

Kisses - Carrie

7/15/2005 5:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home