the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Help!!!

STRESSSSSSS!!
Fuck i'm stressed.
I'm on my third ciggie (that means going down a million stairs and outside into the rain and gale force winds) and third cup of black coffee.
My phone is ringing off the hook and i'm having double vision.
Our client has left everything till the last minute and now they are stressing me out big time to come up with a million reports, proposals and the rest of that crap. BEFORE 5pm. WTF?? !???
They are our only client. They call, we run.

But i got bigger fish whales to fry.
They owe us loads of money so we cant pay our debts and the tax officers are knocking on our door. In addition, big bloopers from our sister/mother company in South Africa means we owe customs millions of $$$ in fines because we didnt follow the rules of importation. if we dont pay by Friday they are SHUTTING US DOWN even though its SAs fault. We are a tiny subsidiary office, a few million in debt and we are going under.

Right now I'm just going to chill out at my desk and watch my nails grow for a while. Around me people are running around like headless chickens bumping into each other in the corridor as they talk to whoever on their phones trying to solve their respective problems. So in this kind of situation the best thing to do is blog, ride the tide and chase the fly my office.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bent Fabric said...

I'm sorry you're so stressed, and for a bloody good reason.

I'll cross my fingers and hope they get their shit together. In the meantime I hope you're armed with a good pair of nail clippers and fly swatter.

7/27/2005 2:42 PM

 
Blogger kyknoord said...

It's so cool that you take time out to play with your pet.

7/28/2005 5:23 AM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

I take it you weren't shut down?! YAY!!

7/29/2005 1:53 PM

 
Blogger Lyn said...

Well, not yet. Managed to beg and bribe one or two key people, the fine is has been cut to 10% (now about $250,000 USD) and a bank overdraft is going to take care of that. Its crazy here. So much "under the table" stuff. The Enron fiasco is joke compared to the stuff that goes on out here. Riveting.

7/29/2005 2:04 PM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Well, let's hope they get it all paid.

7/29/2005 2:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home