the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Friday Randomness

Google-Search-Term-Leading-to-this-Blog of the Day:

"Cameroonian pu$$ies"

Hmm.

Very disturbing if thats what my blog has been reduced to.
Note the use of dollar signs to prevent further misrepresentation.

***********
I tried to set up my voicemail today.
I dialled 123, spent 5 minutes on hold, then finally got a REAL person on the line.
Total waste of a chunk of my life.
"I'm sorry, that service is not currently available, but please try again in 2 months".
2 months????????? Like...for real?!?!
I had this idea that the 3rd world sucked, but boy was I clueless of just how much.

(Context: Lived in Geneva for the larger part of my life, then lived in SA which is one of the better 3rd world nations and I'm now in Cameroon - having major adjustment issues here!)

I'm not asking for 3G or WAP or even GPRS, just , you know, your regular run-of-the-mill mail retrieval system. "Hi, please leave a message at the beep" type thing. But nooooo - that's just way too high tech for these guys.

*******
But its Friday. No room for bitching and wining about things you cannot change. The weekend beckons - filled with promise and opportunities for many an indiscretion. And once again I'm faced with the remote possiblity that as I leave the office this afternoon, this may just be the weekend I win the lottery and never have to come back.
Fat chance.
Especially since I don't play.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bent Fabric said...

I am amazed you only spent five minutes on hold.

7/01/2005 3:02 PM

 
Blogger Lyn said...

Short story is: my company pays my phone bills - means i get to use my cell phone pretty much like i please (within reason). 98% of the population here are pre-paid customers, while my company does post-paid (contract). Hence i use a different set of postpaid-dedicated operators. Its supposed to afford me priviledges the masses can only dream about. Like 5 mins reponse time. I'm supposed to be basking in the glory of my elevated status - but i still got no f*king voicemail.

7/01/2005 3:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the kewl kid$ are $pelling thing$ with the bling Lyn. I blame Puff Daddy (or P. Diddy or whatever the hell he i$ calling him$elf these days).

Ki$$es - Carrie

7/01/2005 5:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home