the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Death and stuff

Some dude drowned infront of my very eyes on Sunday at the beach. One minute he is building sand castles infront of us, 30 mins later some guys are pulling his pale body out of the water - a little too late. Thats only the second corpse I've ever seen close up. The warmest one, thats for sure. I even danced with him at the club on Saturday night. Cute as hell too.
*sigh* Life is but a fleeting glance.
Or something. (Lets pretend i said something profound).

Meanwhile back in the office - work pileth up.
Haven't had a moments breathing space and would've even come to the office over the weekend if one of my neighbours hadnt come up with the brilliant idea of a road trip to a seaside town for the weekend. Speaking of roadtrip, we were on our way back home after the incident above (i mean nobody goes anywhere near the water for the rest of the day after such an event) when we noticed people crowding up by the river to see this little kid not a day over 12 who had apparently drowned 3 days earlier but whose body just washed to shore.

So that's 2 dead people I saw within 2 hours.
Again: Life is but a fleeting glance.

I'm still TV-less. My puzzle is almost done though. There are like 100 sky pieces left and I found a rythm that really works for me so it shouldnt take more than an hour to finish it off. And this is it. No more freaking gazillion piece puzzles. what i need, is a life. (preferably involving one or two hot girlies...)

If you can reminisce that far back you will recall that back at university there were always one or two really weird people. Like that goth chick who you wonder how she ever became your friend. Or the vegan who you could swear lives off water and sunshine coz she doesnt seem to be able to eat anything you offer her. (i actually had a good friend who was vegan, gothic and had this weird stomach illness that eliminated most vegan-friendly dishes, but suprisingly, she wasnt particularly thin).
Anyway, one evening I looked up from my puzzle, saw incense burning, looked down at my bowl of dry cereal - when it dawned on me: I've actually become weirder than those weird chicks.
All i need now is 7 cats.

Um, i once said something or other about quitting smoking.... well, no comment.

Trip was ok. I didnt lose my company money afterall. I guess i was just a little paranoid.
Gotta work now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Eeks! Never seen dead bodies anywhere but on television and I'd like to keep it that way.

If you'd like I can donate a cat to your cause. Careful though, he chews carpets and shreds furniture.

2/07/2006 8:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that's really creepy you saw so many dead people in one weekend.

Really reminds you of how fragile and unexpected life is.

2/08/2006 2:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home