the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Hands up! Now step away from the computer...

I've had this PII for like what, 7 years now? Works great, no problemo. I don't tinkle with it, I don't buy new components, just threw in a CD writer extra RAM and then just let it be. It’s old and wheezes a little bit, but still keeps on chugging along just fine.
But guys? Nooooooo. You're always upgrading something or other. Off fixin' some part that is clearly not broken, or just opening it up for the hell of it. You all think you were born mechanics or electrical engineers.

Case in point, my kid brother has had my computer for all of 4 days, but then yesterday he calls to tell me that out of the blue it just went ‘poof’ and died.

It went poof?
Uh-huh.
What do you mean it went poof?
Huh? That’s the sound it made. I was trying to replace the fan unit.
And this is because....?
I was trying to fix the wheezing.
Gee, thanks. You sure fixed it alright. Consider yourself banned from the vicinity of my PC. Twat.

*edited to add:*
I apologise for my abuse of the word 'just' in those first two paragraphs. I'm just hungry.

4 Comments:

Blogger kyknoord said...

You may as well let him have it if it's dead. After you give him a thorough ass-kicking, of course.

11/03/2005 9:55 AM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

You can get a new computer with the raise you got from your promotion. :)

Please woman, I use the word "just" like it's going out of style. :)

11/03/2005 10:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah finally! its about tyme u get a new PC gal...that one has seen it all....eeeish!!

11/04/2005 2:18 PM

 
Blogger Lyn said...

yup Kyk. some ass will definitely be kicked.

Bent, not unless computers have gotten real cheap since the last time i checked.

hey! you finally posted
after lurkin for years. You coming or what?

11/04/2005 2:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home