the smell of wet earth, kissing in the rain, ice cream, barefoot walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, sexual tension, freedom, sleek cars, beautiful eyes, independence, intelligence, fresh air, wind through my hair, wit, assertiveness, computers, falling in love, music, foreign places, the unbeaten track, city life, debates, self confidence, the free spirited, women. Make of this list what you will.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

postus interruptus

I’m going on vacation.
It’s unreal.
It’s going to be so weird to not wake up panic stricken, wondering exactly how late I’m going to be for work that morning.

Tomorrow is my last day of work.
I won’t be at my desk though because I need to make one last business trip to represent my company at a trade fair on the other side of the country. Then I have to fly back on Sat morning, pack and fly out to Joburg (SA) on Saturday evening. Sunday I’ll be flying to Cape Town in time to pick up my robe on Mon and graduate on Tues. Or is it Wed?
Pft. Who cares. Sometime during the week.

According to me I’m already a graduate. Been a graduate since I handed in my dissertation and left university in Jan. Only graduating now because they took so bloody long to examine my thesis I couldnt make the June ceremony.

To me grad is just a big showdown where people feel special and accomplished, old men wear dresses, photographers hit the jackpot, parents burst with pride and graduants get wasted. Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt. Literally. It’s a dull, purple waste of cotton with…wait for it… ‘Class of 2002’ written on it. How exciting.

I can think of better T-Shirts the computer science dept could have come up with:

me = grad
do
booze++
until brain == dead

I would have skipped the whole hullabaloo if my dad hadn’t popped a vein at the thought of me graduating in absentia. It means more to him than it does to me, so I thought I’d just let him get his proud moment. Afterall, he did have to put up with my incessant demands for more money during my days of perpetual brokeness.

So I’ll be gone for a month.
Might post.
Or not.

Thanks to everyone who has stopped by and actually left a comment. (Hint hint you lurking lot) I know I act like I don’t care, but *sniff* , *Sob* I do. I really do. I weally weally wuv you all!

*clears throat*.
Yeah, whatever.
That was sooo not me. It’s the other voice in my head.

Later people.

7 Comments:

Blogger SassyFemme said...

Congrats, and take care!

12/09/2005 2:38 AM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

A month??!!! Jeezie creezie!
Congrats and have fun! :)

12/12/2005 11:34 PM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Wherever you are I hope you kicked off the new year in the right way -with some hot, sweaty, monkey sex.

1/02/2006 7:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought MY vaction was too long...

Kisses - Carrie

1/03/2006 8:40 PM

 
Blogger SassyFemme said...

It's almost a month (Jan. 6) looking forward to hearing all about your trip and vacation!

1/07/2006 1:57 AM

 
Blogger Obaid said...

What?! Is sex the only thing you girls think!??!?!?!


Then I must get your contacts :D

1/08/2006 9:12 AM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

You've been gone a month. Dish! And don't pretend you're not here. I can see your car in the driveway

1/12/2006 1:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home